Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3CRWER200-75 will not accept valid MAC address

Highlighted
htpc
Occasional Visitor

3CRWER200-75 will not accept valid MAC address

3CRWER200-75 running 1.3.06w firmware

If I use "Connection Control" for WiFi it will not allow me to input my MAC Address which starts with "9". A message pops up "Not a MAC address!"

If I disable "Connection Control" the device connects and the MAC address starting with "9" is listed under the "Client List".

This is clearly an error in input checking. Who do I contact so this is fixed? The router will not allow me to connect to the network as "Connection Control" is enabled!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
htpc
Occasional Visitor

Re: 3CRWER200-75 will not accept valid MAC address

3CRWER200-75 running 1.3.06w firmware

If I use "Connection Control" for WiFi it will not allow me to input my MAC Address which starts with "9". A message pops up "Not a MAC address!"

If I disable "Connection Control" the device connects and the MAC address starting with "9" is listed under the "Client List".

This is clearly an error in input checking. Who do I contact so this is fixed? The router will not allow me to connect to the network as "Connection Control" is enabled!

Highlighted
htpc
Occasional Visitor

Mac address compared with router as already said and is indeed a 9. Same problem with data input using 7 or 8 for example. It is clearly a bug and is easy to test. Just type 9 and the error message pops up not allowing you to save the list until you remove the number.

Can you pm me an email address so I can contact someone to fix this, the product is out of warranty and esupport is not working for me and I don't fancy calling someone and trying to explain over the phone.

Thanks!

Highlighted
basty
Occasional Advisor

I could save a mac address starting with whatever (debuging/changing the javascript that validates the mac address in that page) but i can't connect either so maybe it's a firmware limitation (not only a javascript issue).

here is the javascript:

if ( ( parseInt( m.charAt(0) , 16 ) & 0x8 ) == 0x8 ||