M and MSM Series
1753379 Members
5567 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3CRWER300-73 cant make PPTP vpn connection

sjeff

3CRWER300-73 cant make PPTP vpn connection

I have got a 3Com 3CRWER300-73 router installed. Firmware 1.11 (Sept 09) Most current. I am attempting to make a PPTP VPN connection to another site with my laptop. When I am behind the 3com router I am unable to make a connection. If I take the laptop offsite to another location or remove the router I am able to make a connection.

I have tried changing the firewall status from high, medium to off without success much success. When I change the setting from high to off I am able to make the connection to my offsite VPN once. But when I disconnect and attempt to reconnect later I am not able to connect.

I have done a factory reset and have no VPN settings configured in the router that might interfere. I also have tried toggling the PPTP vpn passthrough without success.

I have checked the logs in the router but there are no entries related.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
sjeff

Re: 3CRWER300-73 cant make PPTP vpn connection

I have got a 3Com 3CRWER300-73 router installed. Firmware 1.11 (Sept 09) Most current. I am attempting to make a PPTP VPN connection to another site with my laptop. When I am behind the 3com router I am unable to make a connection. If I take the laptop offsite to another location or remove the router I am able to make a connection.

I have tried changing the firewall status from high, medium to off without success much success. When I change the setting from high to off I am able to make the connection to my offsite VPN once. But when I disconnect and attempt to reconnect later I am not able to connect.

I have done a factory reset and have no VPN settings configured in the router that might interfere. I also have tried toggling the PPTP vpn passthrough without success.

I have checked the logs in the router but there are no entries related.

Any ideas?