4297 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3CRWER300-73 got DMZ function problems

winny6969
Occasional Contributor

3CRWER300-73 got DMZ function problems

Hi all,

I've just upgraded the firmware to version 1.11.01 dated 8 Sep 09.

I have 1 PC and 1 Notebook. I fix IP for my PC at 192.168.1.100 and my Notebook at 192.168.1.200. Then i went to DMZ page to set my notebook IP in routers. Once i set it completely. I save and restart my router. My notebook can not access any website. It can not use internet anymore. What is the problem?

I contacted to 3Com. But the officer will charge 60USD because it over 30 days of my previous question. However my product still has the warranty it is not over 2 years.

Bad service for 3Com.

Hope 3com guys are on this, otherwise I want to return the unit.

5 REPLIES 5
wz9919_1
Occasional Advisor

Do you have other VLAN settings? You should connect to computer to the right LAN port.

winny6969
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your helping.

I do not have any VLAN. Most of my configuration is factory default. Just internet and wireless setting that i configed.

Can you use DMZ function on this 3Com model?

Thank you in advance.

wz9919_1
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I put one computer in the DMZ without any problem. I can access Internet and other computers can access Internet too. I also tried to setuo two VLAN and DMZ as well. I found that those computer cannot access Internet if I mixed connection to VLAN1 and VLAN2. So that's why I suggest you to connect the right LAN port if you have VLAN.

winny6969
Occasional Contributor

Would you mind to send your configuration file that does not set any VLAN to me?

winny_winly@hotmail.com is my email.

I hope you will help me.

Thank you.

winny6969
Occasional Contributor

Many thanks for your helping again. When i got your picture, i wonder why my 3com gateway page has some difference from you.

I am sorry to told you that my wireless router model is 3CRWDR300A-73 not 3CRWER300-73 as my posting topic. It is my fault.

However I am very pleasure with your kindness that try to help me.

Thank you again. :)

PS. I have wondered why this forum does not any staffs of 3COM to help your customers. I will not buy 3com product anymore.