M and MSM Series
1752580 Members
4624 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 430AP wireless performance significantly reduced when controlled by 760controller

Z273
Frequent Advisor

Re: 430AP wireless performance significantly reduced when controlled by 760controller

Hello Niko-Lizard,

Since you said most of your clients are use Intel single band 2.4ghz device, so most likely the problem is in 2.4ghz.

Your setting in radio1 5ghz is OK with "a/n", I saw the wifi rates used from the screenshoot you provided are good, as I can see MCS7 and MCS15 being used.

I would focus to look deeper on radio2.

Can you send screenshot of clients devices connected to radio2 with "n/b/g" mode? i.e. the wifi rate table.

Cheers.

Niko-Lizard
Advisor

Hi.

Changed the back 2.4GHz to n/b/g. The 5GHz unit connected on the screenshots are not getting any data trough. And is getting an APIPA IP address. Only a few RX packages are getting trough, only one single TX package.

Kind Regards

Z273
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Please provide the clients data rate screenshot on both 2.4 and 5ghz on the AP where your clients devices are connected, also the noise and signal level how the AP is seeing the devices are helpful.

I'm a little bit confuse as you said the majority of your clients devices are single band, I guess a few others are dualband thus the 5ghz.

Niko-Lizard
Advisor

Hi Z273.

Sorry the late reply. I have been on a little vacation. Could you please provide a full list of screen dumps you need to help analyze? I also read in another post of yours, that new ETSI regulation affected at the 1. Of January in EU. We did not have these issues before Christmas. Could this have anything to do with this issue?

Kind Regards.

Z273
Frequent Advisor

Hello Niko-Lizard,

It is good you had vacation 8-) hopefully not to think about wifi while resting!

I was capturing a list of screenshoot like you asked but I have been hijack at work on a bunch of others things, I will try to resume the info I wanted from you to troubleshoot.

Regarding your question on ETSI adaptivity rule for 2015, if you can tell me your firmware version, I might be able to track down if you had the said rule, or if you are brave you can browse the Release Notes 8-) to see if the rule is in.

The rule is applicable for shipping product starting Jan 2015, if you don't upgrade lately, you are not oblige to put ETSI code, however if you buy newer APs from HP in 2015 then the rule apply.

I doubt ETSI stuff is the cause of your problem, I did the test my self before the code went in production, but I will put that in the equation.  If your RF environment is very noisy, then there is a good chance ETSI adaptivity can cause trouble, but that is the rule from ETSI, as AP manufacturer we have to comply.   This is the warning I issued to the testers and product management, even regulation people that this ETSI rule is not benign as it looks, but I guess no body pay atttention.  If you don't like the ETSI regulation rule, you can alway file a complain to ETSI 8-) good luck on the bureaucrat!

It is strange that FCC does not have such rule, in fact they even relax the txpower reduction  rule when you transmit using MIMO.  European countries are more picky on txpower.

Happy Easter!

Z273

Niko-Lizard
Advisor

Hi Z273.

As mentioned above, I am running firmware 6.4.0.0-16925 if you look in the release notes for the firmware the rule is in. :-(

The school I am working at is in the middle of a big town surrounded by small apartments my guess would be that every one of them have WiFi and it is not new or supporting the new ETSI. Oh my… The future is not that bright at all…

Kind Regards.