108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 5.7.0.3 problem-- AirPlay mirroring non-functional on same access point

SOLVED
Go to solution
gguynes
Occasional Visitor

We have the same problem.  Curious if you have upgraded to version 5.7.1 which was released just a couple of days ago (November 2, 2012), and if so did that fix the issue?  I will be trying that this evening to see myself.

gguynes
Occasional Visitor

Alright, I have applied the QoS setting that was mentioned to no avail.  The upgrade to 5.7.1.0 did nothing.  HP tech support has provided 5.7.1.1 to try while they continue to investigate the issue.

Anyone else have any luck?  Something to try differently?

tschaps
Valued Contributor

5.7.1.0 did fix it for us.

QuantumDragon

Hate to drag up a thread, but I'm having a similar issue. I have a MSM430, firmware 5.5.3, and Airplay isn't working. iPad's and MacBook's see that it's available, but mirroring doesn't work. I've tried the suggestions in this post, but it still sin't working...

Any help would be much appreciated.

SD33Tech

I have an MSM422 in autonomous mode.  I set the QOS to normal (disabled works too) disabled WMM and disabled the "restrict traffic to default gateway" all in the VSC profile.  this worked for me.

My issues were that there was no mirroring, or that the connection would drop within 30 seconds when mirroring was established.

jmallory
Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue as this with software version 5.7.3.0-13117.  Was this issue ever resolved?

@IVBrave wrote:

Hey guys, I found it interesting to find that others are having a situation so similar to mine. I am also running a 765zl with 460 WAPs on 5.7.0.3. We have apple tv's in our classrooms but mine were acting a little different. The ipads could see and mirror to the apple tv's so long as they were on the same WAP. If the ipad or apple tv decided to connect to a different WAP then the apple tv's airplay could no longer be seen. I tried some of the fixes in this post but nothing changed what could be seen on each WAP. My guess was that there was something blocking the broadcast/multicast traffic that the apple tv spits out but I have not found a fix yet. Anyone else have a similar issue?

UnionCreative

Confirming that changing the QOS Normal fixes the issue

tschaps
Valued Contributor

This problem I had was over two years ago and resolved by version 5.7.1.0, and we no longer had to set QOS that way. They're up to version 6.4.1.0 now (and I am no longer at that job where I used HP Networking).

See https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=J9650A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId=

T