Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.7.0 update released then pulled?

Highlighted
tschaps
Valued Contributor

5.7.0 update released then pulled?

I do believe the 5.7.0.x update, released yesterday, was downloadable earlier today (and I got it, file name "V5.7.0-GA_V5.7.0-MSM765.cim" - being new to HP, I am not sure if this update applies to all controllers, but in any case, it's not shown on the downloads page anymore.

Does anyone happen to know why? Obviously, I am not going to install what I downloaded if HP pulled it for some reason. 

TIA

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Re: 5.7.0 update released then pulled?

Hi, there are different files for different models. The one you downloaded are specifically for the MSM765zl.
---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

Highlighted
tschaps
Valued Contributor

I was not clear, sorry. I didn't expect that the downloaded file would be the same for different controllers, just that I only saw this update on the 765zl download page, but then it was gone. I would expect that update version would be released for all the models at the same time. In any case, my core question is whether anyone else saw the new version and might know why it was pulled? Thx
Highlighted
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Ah okey, I misunderstood :). You're right that it would be released to all platforms in the same time.. I didnt see when it was up on the download pages but I have a MSM710 in front of me running 5.7.0.0-01-10630 that I got directly from HP.

According to the release notes 5.7.x seems to be the first release to drop support for the 730 and 750 controllers, citing support only for 710, 720, 760 and 765.

---
CCIE Service Provider
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

Highlighted
tschaps
Valued Contributor

How has it been working for you? I'm curious to see if it will clear up various issues I've been having. I assume you got it early from HP to solve a problem?

Thanks, Tack så mycket

Highlighted
str1k3r
Occasional Visitor

Can't download too.

Highlighted
tschaps
Valued Contributor

Highlighted
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Actually we got it just as a NFR thingy for lab, and it came prepped with 5.7. I have just been looking around quick in the web gui which shows minor changes, some rearrangement in the settings.. mostly related to VLANs (probably because of the different handling of VLANs in the new 720). Also added are the much-hyped (eh :D) automated work-flows which I guess simplifies the basic setup a bit for people not familiar with the MSM devices.

The release notes are available online if you want to check for fixes on your specific issues.

---
CCIE Service Provider
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

Highlighted
tschaps
Valued Contributor

My concern was that 5.7.0 had been released to the public then pulled back, and that is usually for a reason-- I did read the release notes, and I do want to try the update over the weekend, so if you're not having trouble with it, maybe I'll risk it. Retreat is always an option :)

I am sure that I could call and sit on the phone with HP and eventually find out something, but that's the advantage of this community forum, to exchange real world experience reports instead of the controlled lab-focused analysis of engineers at HP. 

thanks

Highlighted
rsaeks
Occasional Advisor

I found the update and was able to grab that through my SAID, but there weren't any release notes.