1752632 Members
5875 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

5.7.0 update released then pulled?

tschaps
Valued Contributor

Re: 5.7.0 update released then pulled?

I also found that the release notes link was no longer valid, and I had not saved them, just skimmed them in my browser. So, I opted not to install the update this weekend until HP re-releases it or I get other info.

tschaps
Valued Contributor

the update is available again. The date still says Jan-3, but in any case, this thread is now moot.

thanls

Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

The link to release notes links to the 5.4.x RL ;)

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

tschaps
Valued Contributor

Does this link work for you?

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03127429/c03127429.pdf

I find the HP site a constant source of frustration with all the bad links and changing links. Even some of the support links built into web interfaces of current products are dead links. Disappointing and unprofessional.

IRO
Advisor

It's good to see others have problems with HP website too :)

I was beginning to think I wasn't enough smart to use it properly.

It seriously needs a complete redesign!

jguse
HPE Pro

The site is one of the things on HP's priority list for redesign, so stay tuned ;)

As for 5.7, they had pulled it with good reason due to a bug, and I can't really say much more than that. Rest assured it's been fixed in the version currently available.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

I was actually told by HP support just the other day that 5.7 is still not yet officially released and is not engineer recommended for use (5.7.0.2 is the one listed as current atm).

Instead we where told to use 5.5.4.0, which of course is NOT available for download. HP is not gaining any points on the handling of MSM software right now.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

jguse
HPE Pro

@Fredrik Lönnman wrote:

I was actually told by HP support just the other day that 5.7 is still not yet officially released and is not engineer recommended for use (5.7.0.2 is the one listed as current atm).

Instead we where told to use 5.5.4.0, which of course is NOT available for download. HP is not gaining any points on the handling of MSM software right now.

Wow, that is really unfortunate. Thanks for sharing your feedback though, that's how we can make things change. 5.7.x definitely exists, and I've heard of 5.5.4.x, but only in rumors as the next 5.5.x release, which would make sense... but like you mention I don't see how this could be recommended for use. Considering how long the list of known issues is, I think the best idea until the devs manage to fix most of the issues to stick with the version that currently works for you without any, preferably 5.5.3...

As for why 5.5.4 was recommended... maybe they meant to say 5.4.x? There's definitely a lack of information we receive at support about new releases in MSM software though. That is something I've been concerned about (especially considering how many issues we handle for these products) and it's on my list of things to address to the right people for improvement.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
JesseR
Regular Advisor

Justin,

I'm agreeing with Fredrik here.   I was also told that 5.7.0 does NOT contain certain known bug fixes (in my case, specific to auto-channel configuration issues on the MSM 422s)  that are contained in 5.5.4.  Yet, 5.5.4 is not officially released (tech support DID give me a ftp link to it however... but I won't install it without geting Release Notes --- which they won't provide).

I guess they are 2 different branches of code/software... I don't get it really.  It's very frustrating.

Jesse R
Source One Technology, Inc.
HP Partner

MSM 5.7.x deployment guide: