108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Additional VSC/SSID for physically separate network

andyoneil
Visitor

Additional VSC/SSID for physically separate network

Hi

I have an existing MSM760 with some VSCs applied

Site has a second network that is completely separate (switches, ip addresses, Active Directory)

I need a wireless SSID available that will allow client to connect to this second network and access its resources

I can link a switch on the 2nd lan to the one on the first lan that the MSM is plugged into. I accept that I can't get traffic to authenticat eaginst the second AD and thats fine

I think I need to get traffic to egress via the controller (not the APs as they are on the 1st LAN?) but unsure as to how to do this, get IP addresses for the second LAN to wifi clients, sort out routing etc

Any help appreciated

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Arimo
Respected Contributor

You don't need routing. Let's say your separate network is in subnet 10.10.20.0, and these clients associate with SSID FOO.

Simply create a new VLAN 1020 in your wired network which has only connectivity to your separate network. Configure the VSC FOO to egress to VLAN 1020. Where you do this depends on your VSC setup; if it's Access Controlled you put the appropriate controller port to this VLAN, if it's non-AC, you just tag the AP ports in this VLAN.

If you do not configure anywhere in the wire routing that allows access from 10.10.20.0 network to your production LAN, the client traffic of the other network will be separated entirely.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
andyoneil
Visitor

Thanks Arimo

Much appreciated

I will try this and get back to you

I had tried creating a VLAN on the controller but it wouldnt appear on the list for egress?

Will try again and come back to you