New Discussion

Antenna Radio Pattern MSM430

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aarón
Frequent Advisor

Antenna Radio Pattern MSM430

Hello,

we are about to install a couple MSM430 but I couldn't find the antenna radio pattern of the omnidirectional antennas the AP has inside.

We don't know how the antennae are oriented, do the antenna emit horizontally and vertically, taken by reference the AP lying on the floor? Should we install them on the ceiling or on the wall?

Kind regards,

Aarón

4 REPLIES 4
Arimo
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: Antenna Radio Pattern MSM430

Hi

The antenna pattern is practically a ball. The APs are plenum rated, you can do it either way.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
Ascendor
Frequent Advisor

@Arimo wrote:

Hi

The antenna pattern is practically a ball. The APs are plenum rated, you can do it either way.

Hey,

does the same apply for the MSM460?

Thanks,
Ascendor

CraigS1971
Valued Contributor

Hi All,

From experience, the MSM460/560 signal is closer to the infinity sign (sideways figure 8), with very little signal to the rear (mount side). The top part (with ligths) has less signal range than the sides as well.

I have not been able to wall mount them due to this fact.

We have 496x MSM460/560 APs currently. (And one MSM430 ;-D)

Regards,

Craig

Ascendor
Frequent Advisor

@CraigS1971 wrote:

Hi All,

From experience, the MSM460/560 signal is closer to the infinity sign (sideways figure 8), with very little signal to the rear (mount side). The top part (with ligths) has less signal range than the sides as well.

I have not been able to wall mount them due to this fact.

We have 496x MSM460/560 APs currently. (And one MSM430 ;-D)

Regards,

Craig

Thanks @CraigS1971!

I'd also like some official response though. The manual doesn't state anything (and explicitly describes wall-mount procedure), so in theory it should be fine to mount them on the wall - but I too have a feeling that they are not covering the area well then.

@Arimo, can you say something about this?