Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking client's traffic, as its home network has not been determined yet

Highlighted
temuri426
Frequent Advisor

Blocking client's traffic, as its home network has not been determined yet

hello, 

I have two teamed controllers and using VSCs with vlan ranges. The main problem is that it generates too many logs: Blocking client's traffic, as its home network has not been determined yet.    WLCs periodically stop working, client are not geetting ip adresses, no internet  connectivity etc. it was happening with only one controller , teaming disabled

if someone has the same problem , please give me any working solution.

thanks

p.s also attached log file, maybe helps

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
temuri426
Frequent Advisor

Re: Blocking client's traffic, as its home network has not been determined yet

..................   up

Highlighted
temuri426
Frequent Advisor

hello again, 

i have problem during 6 month and trying to get even one person who has configured MTM and VLAN-ranges.

i need one who has about 200 AP's with only one SSID and several VLANs.  

Highlighted
Aarón
Frequent Advisor

Hello temuri,

we are experiencing the same problem. We have several APs with one MSM765zl, in our VSC we have not "Autenthicating" or "Access control" enabled, only "Mobility traffic manager" and "Consider the users at home". We binded each group to the vlan we want the users to fall into so the traffic gets tunneled to our Wifi router. With this configuration we are getting loads of "Blocking client's traffic, as its home network has not been determined yet" logs.

We opened a case with HP support and they are advising me about the configuration, as they have told me this configuration should NOT work (traffic shouldn't be tunneled and not even reach the controller) and it is not in their best practices.

We have not been able to figure it out, we initially opened the case to complain about fragmented packets coming from the users, we only could capture those packets making a mirror of the "Internet port".

Summing up, your controller shouldn't be properly configured but anyhow I advise you to open a case with HPs support.

I will post my updates with this case.

Cheers,

Aarón