M and MSM Series
1748246 Members
3105 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cannot access the network but can get DHCP.

SOLVED
Go to solution
phunkodelic
Occasional Contributor

Cannot access the network but can get DHCP.

Stand alone M110 AP and a Procurve swtich.  I have it setup with two vlans(subnet), one guest and one production.  I can get DHCP addesses (gateway, DNS servers) on both subnets.  PRODUCTION DHCP server is a Windows server,GUEST DHCP server is a firewall.  I not able to ping the default gatway, or the gateway of each VLAN when I am associated to the GUEST or PRODUCTION networks.  Below are the configs of my wireless ap and switch.  See the attached text file which shows the configurations of both the switch and the wireless access point.

4 REPLIES 4
phunkodelic
Occasional Contributor

Switch config:

PORT 24 - Is the Firewall

PORT 23 - Is the AP

PORT 1-22 - Is internal network.

SWTICH CONFIG:

hostname "DC-PROCURVE24POE-001"
module 1 type J9146A
vlan 1
   name "DEFAULT_VLAN"
   untagged 1-23
   ip address 10.0.2.14 255.255.255.0
   no untagged 24
   exit
vlan 10
   name "wireless-guest"
   untagged 24
   ip address 172.16.1.2 255.255.255.0
   tagged 23
   exit
snmp-server community "public" unrestricted
snmp-server contact "XXXXXXXX"
no autorun
password manager

phunkodelic
Occasional Contributor

I have tried everyway I know to get this portal to upload my wirless conifg but it won't attach a file, and  it won't let me past the text config as it is too large.    Please email me at cthomsen@1800packrat.com and I can get you the config

HP -  Please fix the upload probem with this support forum.

Vedder
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Have you tried disabling the wireless security filter in the VSC? It's enabled by default. Click on "?" in that category and it explains the function.

"This setting defines the upstream device that the M110 will forward wireless traffic to. If you are using multiple VLANs, each with a different gateway use the MAC address option.
M110's default gateway
This sends traffic to the default gateway assigned to the WAP-200 on the Network > Ports page (via DHCP, PPPoE, or static). Wireless security filters use the default definitions".
IF your clients gateway is different then the M110, the traffic will go nowhere. If they match, the AP will only allow that wireless client to go to the gateway and out. You wouldn't be allowed access to the internal network.
phunkodelic
Occasional Contributor

I eventually stumbled up what you stated and disabled that feature and it worked fine after that. Thanks for posting the answer as I am sure it will help somebody else in the future.