5870 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Clients get IP from wrong VLAN scope - LAN interface

ONVZ
Advisor

Clients get IP from wrong VLAN scope - LAN interface

MSM765zl in a 5412zl switch, MSM 430 APs

Because of trouble with the Internet port I created a guest VSC that will use the LAN port of the WLC.

Done so far:
- Created a VLAN 100 on switches between the APs (ports tagged) and the Internet modem (untagged), no ip addresses
- WLC LAN port tagged for VLAN 100

- The Internet modem should provide DHCP ip-adresses to the clients on the guest VSC.

Guest VSC:
- Authentication & Access control enabled
- Always tunnel client traffic enabled

- Network profile > Guest VLAN 100
- VLANs > Guest, VLAN 100, port - LAN port
- IP interface Guest on WLC, static ip in the same subnet as the DHCP scope on the Internet modem

- AP group > bound the guest VSC to the AP group with egress on the network profile Guest

IP routes has an Active route entry > Guest interface - destination 10.10.16.0/24 - Gateway * - metric 0

I can ping vice versa between the WLC and the Internet modem.

The problem is that when connecting to the guest VSC the client gets an ip addres from a different VLAN (untagged).

As mentioned in the traffic flow with Wireless mobility control disabled, I 've entered the Guest interface in the VSC egress mapping in all combinations. That did not result in an IP-address from the right VLAn dhcp scope.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Please help :) !

Jaap

1 REPLY 1
Vivek_Singh
Advisor

Re: Clients get IP from wrong VLAN scope - LAN interface

Hey,

What I understood from description that same subnet IP address is provided two different VLAN on Controller, is that correct ?

If I understood it correctly, let me know do you have two different scope configured for each vlan and is that DHCP relayed from controller or Controller is acting as DHCP Server.

Regards,

Vivek Kumar Singh

Technical Consultant 1

HP Networking

Regards,
Vivek Kumar Singh
HP Networking