7662 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure E-MSM460

Marcus Van Wyk
Occasional Contributor

Configure E-MSM460

Hi Guys

I hope i'm posting in the correct section here.

I was given a E-MSM460 to configure & deploy - this is the 1st AP i have worked with and i need some help.

I've managed to change to default IP from the standard 192.168.1.1 to 10.2.1.25 and configured its default gateway and DNS settings.

I have given the AP a name as well as a SSID
Wireless Protection set to WPA - Mode = WPA or WPA2 - set the preshared Key

And thats about all i have done so far.

I've noticed in Network -- > Ports that all ports are up except for "Port 1"

UP Bridge Port - IP 10.2.1.25 Mask - 255.255.255.0

UP Wireless port 1 IP [bridged] Mask [bridged]

UP Wireless port 2 IP [bridged] Mask [bridged]

DOWN Port 1 IP [bridged] [bridged]

Should this be down?

Another question i have - What is the maximun speed i can expect from this AP. - i'm now currently connected to it wirelessly and i'm getting 150Mbps - The owner says this should be able to get about 900Mbps
Am i missing something here?

3 REPLIES 3
Fredrik L├╢nnman
Honored Contributor

The MSM466 handles three spatial streams per radio, so that is 450Mbit per radio. So yeah I guess you could say that its 900Mbit if you are able to use both radios simultaneously.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

DougB-CCCP
Frequent Advisor

The speed depends on a couple things, first the type of radio in your wireless device. Some support only 150Mbps, others support 300Mbps. Very few if any support 450Mbps (yet). Also if you're not running WPA2 with AES encryption it may not hit 300 either.

Regarding Port 1, you may want to try a firmware upgrade as that's not a typical status for the port if it's connected properly.
----------------
HP ASE (Mobility), Infrastructure Engineer
Fredrik L├╢nnman
Honored Contributor

On the top of my head theres the intel centrino ultimate-n 6300 which do 3 spatial streams, other than that i dont know of any.
---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S