Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring guest access via MSM710

Highlighted
mark r_2
Occasional Visitor

Configuring guest access via MSM710

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me configure guest access with my MSM710 controller. I've configured an MSM710 with MSM422 ap's. My LAN and WAN port have ip's of 192.168.50.2 and 192.168.60.2 respectively, both go to separate interfaces on my firewall device with IP's of 192.168.50.1 and 192.168.60.1 (I didn't want any wireless users, even trusted ones, on the same physical subnet as my wired users). I've successfully setup the LAN interface to do DHCP relay from the firewall via my primary DHCP server, 192.168.100.220 (routes via the firewall). I've two VSC's for local traffic and everything is great, one used for N clients and the other G clients. They get 192.168.50 IP's. I've now setup a new VSC for guests, checked both authentication and access control methods, configured HTTP for a local user I created and set the DHCP relay agent to 192.168.60.1 in the VSC itself. The firewall interface is configured to give out DHCP IP's. when I connect to the guest VSC I still get IP address for the 192.168.50 subnet and, unassumingly because fo the default route, I am not prompted to login via HTML. I read the forums and have tried following some of the advice but am a little stumped! any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
mark r_2
Occasional Visitor

Re: Configuring guest access via MSM710

this is resolved.
Highlighted
David Giomi
Occasional Visitor

Re: Configuring guest access via MSM710

Hello. I have the same problem: If you have the solution, can you help me?
Thanks in advance.