108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Converting HP560 To Autonomous Mode

SOLVED
Go to solution
SirLagALot
Visitor

Converting HP560 To Autonomous Mode

I've been trying to get my HP 560 access point to Autonomous Mode without success for a few days now.

I've followed the instructions in the "Instructions for Converting an Access Point from Unified-Controlled to Using MSM Software" guide a few times with no success.

The tftp command succeeds which indicates that the image gets transferred over, however after that the Access Point doesn't seem to install it or anything. The LEDs don't blink frantically as the guide says it would.

I've tried both version 6.5.0.0 and 6.5.0.1 with the same result.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is the firmware that's already loaded on too old to update itself?

Currently the HP access point is sitting on the "Provisioning" operational mode, but I have no MSM controller for it to find.

The Software and Hardware Versions are below:

Software version: Bootware-6.3.2.0-16183
Hardware revision: J9846-60001:65-A

5 REPLIES 5
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Probably it is a BootWare (6.3.2.0-16183) related issue: read here.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
SirLagALot
Visitor

Hi Parnassus

Thanks for the link, however I've already followed the instructions that your link refers to - "Instructions for Converting an Access Point from Unified-Controlled to Using MSM Software"

Unfortunately even after uploading the firmware, giving it some time, and then rebooting, I get the same issue.

I still don't have the "Switch to Autonomous mode" button, and I'm unsure as to whether the firmware is actually updated when I upload it via TFTP

SirLagALot
Visitor
Solution

So it was just user error on my part.

When transferring the image over, I neglected to notice that it was transferring over in ASCII mode rather than octet/binary mode.

I was using the linux tftp client to do it, hence the -i switch from the document wasn't applicable, and I forgot to swap modes over to binary mode.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Oh...I was bitten by the same thing too on ftp

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Edwardorange190
Visitor

I had the sam problem but when using your solution, buit wifi router was seemingly not work, :( can you help me