108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Define static ip address to MSM controlled AP

SOLVED
Go to solution
jr94

Define static ip address to MSM controlled AP

Hi,

I am facing the following problem : I have installed a network composed of one MSM710 controller (on a remote site) and several MSM410 AP on several sites. These AP have 2 VSC configured (one for employees and one for guest). Each VSC is mapped to a different VLAN. The problem is that on each VLAN, there is a DHCP server. When the AP loose the connexion to the controller, they restart and I do not find anyway to fix the IP address they will have. It can be an IP address from one VLAN or the other. So, I cannot configure restrictions on my RADIUS server concerning these AP.
Is there anyway to fix the ip address of these AP? When they are in autonomous mode, I have no problem to do this, but when I use the controlled mode, I do not find how to do :(.
4 REPLIES 4
Tim Maxwell
Valued Contributor

If you go to Network, Address Allocation, DHCP Server configure,there is a button called fixed leases. You can use this to assign a static DHCP address to the MAC Addresses of your APs.

Tim
jr94

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. The problem is that in this case, I need to add my own dhcp server on a subnet already managed by another dhcp server. I would create a conflict, isn't it?
IS there any way to connect to the AP to set it an IP address?

Jeremy
Tim Maxwell
Valued Contributor
Solution

You should be able to use provisioning and give them a static IP that way. I'd read up on that section of the manual.
jr94

I missed that point because it was inherited... I will test but should work.
Thanks a lot for your help :)