4875 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Different DNS for different VSC?

Barty_1
Advisor

Different DNS for different VSC?

Hi,

Sorry for all my new threads but i new to MSM760 and i hope someone still wanna help me :)

The problem is that i want different DNS for the different VSCs. I can specify DNS in the DHCP-server for the different VSCs but only if the DNS i on that subnet or else i get the message like this "The DNS you specified is not on this subnet".

Is there a way to go around this?

//Barty

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. -HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

I don't know anyway to get around this but to have an external DHCP server providing you with the address/DNS allocation that you need. The internal DHCP of the MSM controller is handy but was made for a specific purpose and therefore has limited capabilities.
kianwei
Advisor

Fred is correct.
The internal DHCP server is purposely make for Access Control IP Address Assignment. You try to uncheck the Access Control in the VSC then DHCP option will be missing from the VSC.
The internal DHCP server will be assigning DHCP for Access Control user who gateway to the controller as internet access gateway.
Actually, the DNS in the DHCP option in controller is a virtual DNS which refer to the DNS that you pre-set before in your controller (Service Controller->Network->DNS).
If you going to set the DNS for Non Access Control VSC, please assign another external DHCP device like server, or router.

Hope this will help you.