M and MSM Series
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the M111 have a command line interface?

Highlighted
RickBolman
Visitor

Does the M111 have a command line interface?

I'm working on a project where we want to be able to build a database showing the signal strength of several M111's that we have onsite. Apparently this has been done with some 3Com bridges that we're using, but we'd like to replace those with M111's if we can poll the signal strength without having to connect to the web interface of every device.

My initial thought was that if we can get to a CLI, it would simplify the process, but I can't find any reference to that capability, and the devices don't respond to a connection via SSH.

Is CLI possible on the M111's or is there maybe a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks,

Rick

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Arimo
Respected Contributor

Re: Does the M111 have a command line interface?

Hi Rich

Nope, it doesn't have a CLI. Are you troubleshooting some kind of roaming issues, or...?

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
Highlighted
RickBolman
Visitor

Re: Does the M111 have a command line interface?

Thanks for the reply, Arimo.

To the best of my knowledge, no, we're not troubleshooting roaming issues.

We just have several M111's deployed throughout our facilities and want to periodically check their signal strength to ensure that everything is working correctly and dump the data into a database for reference and reporting. Rather than connect to each one manually, we would like to write an app that could automate the process. Apparently it's been done with the 3Com units we have in place.