108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: E-MSM 720 & MSM 460 Configuration

Dom_User
Occasional Visitor

E-MSM 720 & MSM 460 Configuration

Hello there

I need a little help here.

What I have is HP E-MSM720 Wireless Controller connected (on port 1) to the HP E-2620-24 PPoE+ Network Switch (port 24), and HP MSM460 Access Point plugged into the switch (port 1).

What I want to achieve is to have 2 VSCc (Guest Network (VLAN 60) & Employee Network (VLAN 50)) and IP Addresses for the clients who are connecting to the Guest Network should be given by DHCP configured and the MSM720 but the IP Addresses for the clients who are connecting to Employee Network should be given by DHCP server which is sitting somewhere in the network (connected to let say port 13 to the switch).

I need to keep all the reaffic between Employee and Guest Network separately (that is why I have created 2 VLANs). Guests shouldn't have access to any network resources but employees should have access to all of the network resources...

What I have done so far is:

I have creted 2 network profiles on my MSM720:

- Employee Network - VLAN 50

- Guest Network - VLAN 60

DHCP is enabled on the controller (192.168.100.10 - 192.168.100.20) so all the APs plugged into the switch will get IP Addresses from that scope.

I have tagged vlan 50 & vlan 60 on port 1 (connected to the switch)

I have configured VSC binding:

- Employee Network - VLAN 50

- Guest Network - VLAN 60

I have created separate DHCP server on my MSM720 for Guest Network - VLAN 60 (60.60.60.10-60.60.60.50).

Also I have created VLAN50 & VLAN60 on the switch and tagged all the interfaces on both VLANs.

Now when I am connecting to Guest Network I am getting the IP Address from my 60.X.X.X which is correct but how do I configure the other (Employee) Network to get IP Adresses from other DHCP server??

I can enable DHCP rely but that option will switch DHCP server for the other (Guest) Network.

Also when I disable my additional DHCP server on my controller (the one fo Guest Network), clients who are connecting to the network will get the IP Address from my other DHCP server (Access Network - VLAN1) which should be for APs only (Management).

Is there any way to achieve what I need??

Thanks,
Dom

2 REPLIES 2
Dom_User
Occasional Visitor

Forgot to add:

The Firmware on the MSM720 - 5.7.0.3 - 11516
Evan_ISS
Frequent Advisor

@Dom_User wrote:

Hello there

I need a little help here.

If I was you I would read this first: http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02682324/c02682324.pdf

Even though the examples might not match your environment exactly, it will give you a good idea (and hands on advice) on how to set up your controller to do what you want it to do.

Hope the above helps.