New Discussion

E-MSM: IPv6 ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
snoms
Occasional Advisor

E-MSM: IPv6 ?

Hi,

reading the datasheet, the E-MSM series seem not to support IPv6? So access points and controller do not have a IPv4/IPv6 dual stack running? Does anyone know whether this feature (incl. e.g. IPv6 ACLs) is on the roadmap?

What about giving IPv6 adresses to the wifi clients? Can I bridge/tunnel the IPv6 traffic through the controller to the clients?

thanks in advance

Michael

5 REPLIES 5
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Re: E-MSM: IPv6 ?

I've been told that the E-MSM series will have full v6 Q1 2012. Havent seen that on any official roadmap though.

About bridging v6 I havent tried it myself yet, but I cant really see why it wouldnt work.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor
Solution

I was at a clients place today and could verify that bridget v6 through AP (not access controller VSC) works just fine.
---
CCIE Service Provider
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

snoms
Occasional Advisor

Hi srg,

thanks for the updated information. Great to heat that there will be IPv6 support within a short period of time.

MichaelM55
Trusted Contributor

Se here we are, June 2012. What about that "full v6"  support on MSM platform. Does anyone know more?

Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

My feeling is that MSM development has been pretty much halted almost since last summer.. and a few weeks ago 5.7.x was pulled from the site with 5.5.3 beeing the new prefered release. I know there's a code merge going on between MSM and Comware, but I have not idea when they are releasing that stuff.

---
CCIE Service Provider
H3CSE
CCNP R&S