1748134 Members
3553 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: E-MSM430 2.4G Selection

BruceHo
Occasional Advisor

E-MSM430 2.4G Selection

Hi, Is there any way to control the E-MSM430 AP 2.4G singal supports G mode only instead of supports B/G/N at the same time?

As the AP is located in a "dirty" area...many other wifi signal around.....and we would like to take out the B mode to enchance the performance. Tks.

17 REPLIES 17
BruceHo
Occasional Advisor

Any one have solution?
ISoliman
Super Advisor

You can try to disbale the low rates that the B work on, under the VSC you will find an option for the wireless rates, try disabling anything from 11 and below this should perevent any B client to connect, also will prevent any client to connect if the rates reaching is is 11 and below.

John Getzke
Honored Contributor

Bruce,

All you have to do is change the radio settings for your MSM and you can restrict it to broadcasting wireless G only.

To reduce the wireless mode to 2.4 G only:

1. Sign into your MSM

2. Navigate to Wireless > Radio(s)

3. Select 802.11g from the Wireless Mode drop down list

4. Click Apply

See page 50 in the MSM4xx Access Points Management and Configuration Guide for more info:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02702808/c02702808.pdf

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
BruceHo
Occasional Advisor

Hi Soliman,

According to your suggestion, I had tried but not able to remove b mode at all. User still able to connect with B mode, which will affecting the performance compare to G only.

BruceHo
Occasional Advisor

Hi John,

There is no way to slect g mode only from my MSM760.....the only selection at 2.4G radio is b/g/n all together.

Any idea?

John Getzke
Honored Contributor

There does not appear to be a way to configure this setting from the controller.  The controller only displays the settings of the AP's.

You should connect to the AP directly and configure the setting change with the steps I provided above by using the Radio Configuration page.  You can access the management tool interface by typing the IP Address of the AP into your browser.

BruceHo
Occasional Advisor

Hi John,

Do you mean I can't configurate the E-MSM430 at controller with control mode? So what I have to do after that? Just plug into the network under E-MSM760 ? Tks.

BruceHo
Occasional Advisor

Hi John,

Just try to follow your instruction to setup my E-MSM 430 to g-mode only....but no luck.

It shows the same pull down menu as E-MSM760.....no g mode only....only b/g/n can be selected.

John Getzke
Honored Contributor

Bruce,

See page 3-18 of the Management and Configuration Guide for the MSM4xx AP.

Here you will see that the only two supported wireless modes are 802.11 n/a and 802.11 n/b/g.  Unfortunetly it does not appear that it is possible to configure the device to broadcast in 802.11 g only mode : (  I cant explain why you cannot see atleast the n/a as another option.

It looks like you will need to aquire one of the following models to use G only:

MSM310

MSM320

MSM335

MSM410

MSM422

Sorry for not catching this sooner.  With the proper device you should be able to display and configure everything from the controller since you mentioned you are in controlled mode.  The fact that you were not seeing other options was throwing me off.