5752 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: E-MSM430 and Guest VLAN

R0main
Occasional Collector

E-MSM430 and Guest VLAN

Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to configure a corporate and a guest SSID on a same E-MSM430 without any success...

I just followed what Peter explains in this post (http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/MSM-Series/MSM430-Guest-Network-Setup/td-p/6021235#.Ux3cYed5PDs). So I created a Vlan 14, added the Vlan 14 to the port 1 and Egress the guest Wifi to the Vlan 14. 

The thing is that I entered a specific IP address to the VLAN 14 (on the Port1). I tried to ping this IP directly from the Switch and it does not work. I configured the switch port where the MSM430 is connected to untag all VLAN 1 (defaut) traffic and tag vlan 14 for the guest. Behind the HP switch I have a cisco firewall ASA with an IP in the VLAN 14. The communication between the switch and the ASA is okay but not with MSM430.

I don't know what I did wrong, does someone have an idea ?

Please let me know if you need any other informations !

Thanks a lot guys.

2 REPLIES 2
Praveen_D
Advisor

If your AP is behind firewall you have to open UDP port 38212 and TCP 1194 ports then only AP discovery will work (L2 discovery mode ).

R/

Praveen

R0main
Occasional Collector

i don't have any manager. This is a standalone wireless station. I just try to create two SSID. One guest in a VLAN 14 et one corporate in the default VLAN