Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-MSM460 Connectivity issues on Radio 1

Highlighted
danielhum
Occasional Contributor

E-MSM460 Connectivity issues on Radio 1

Hi All,

We are having a strange issue with some of our devices connecting to MSM460 AP's  getting no connection or major packet loss. I have swapped out the AP with other and get the same problem. It doesnt occur all the time and a restart of the AP does fix it for a week or so then it comes back. At the moment its only happening in 2 locations (2 seperate campuses). I have also narrowed it down to devices that are connected to Radio 1 of the APs, devices on Radio 2 dont have the issue.

Currently we are on firmware version 5.7.2.0-12736. I am wondering of anyone else has this problem before. I'm guessing a firmware upgrade is the first step but it took a few goes to get a firmware that was stable enough with other things.

Many Thanks

Daniel

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Arimo
Respected Contributor

Re: E-MSM460 Connectivity issues on Radio 1

I would upgrade from 5.7.2, if you're entitled. 5.7.3 has been out for a while now, actually the latest one is 5.7.3-Sr2. However that wouldn't necessarily be my first step.

The issue only comes up in 2 locations, but the way you write imply you have more. If your radios are on default settings, Radio 1 is on 5GHz, radio 2 on 2.4 GHz. I'd check for disturbance on 5GHz at these two sites.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
Highlighted
danielhum
Occasional Contributor

Re: E-MSM460 Connectivity issues on Radio 1

Thankyou for your reply. We are intitled to the latest firmware version so I will look at doing that. Can't for a month or so untill we are able to have some downtime for our wireless. We are using the default AP settings  as you specified.

I will look into the disturbance at 5Ghz. What is your recommendation of doing this? Using something like inSSIDer and comparing?