Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-MSM460 in a Mesh

Highlighted
XFORCE
Occasional Visitor

E-MSM460 in a Mesh

I have a question in regards to the MSM460

We have 3 E-MSM460 which we will deploy in a warehouse, 1 AP (master device) will be connected to the local LAN and local mesh will be setup on Radio 1 with Radio 2 being used for access point only.

The other 2 E-MSM460 (alternate master) will be located in different areas of the warehouse with Radio 1 setup for local mesh.

What I want to know, is it possible that the AP on Radio 2 on the master device able to broadcast across to the other 2 AP in the warehouse so that regardless where the user is in the warehouse the wireless signal is strong and there is only 1 SSID. Or do I have to setup AP on Radio 2 of the other 2 AP and configure a  separate SSID and the user has to connect to the other AP when they are out of range?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Patrick R
Frequent Advisor

Re: E-MSM460 in a Mesh

When you configure a mesh, one radio is used to establish and maintain the mesh link with the APs configured in the mesh. The other radio is used to carry traffic for the configured SSID/VSC's in your mesh and roaming is not a problem for the clients if the mesh well configure 

Highlighted
XFORCE
Occasional Visitor

Re: E-MSM460 in a Mesh

When I configure the SSID/VSC on the second radio does this need to be applied on all AP? And if so do you create identical SSID and authentication keys?