1753781 Members
7549 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: E-MSM710 doesn't respond at web management interface

STCKaye
Occasional Visitor

E-MSM710 doesn't respond at web management interface

I have an evaluation unit MSM710. First time up, all was good: I got the expected management interface at https://192.168.1.1. I messed around with some of the settings, got it all kinds of goofy, hit the factory reset button in the back. Now it's responding fine on ping, no response at the web interface. I have power cycled a few times, no change.

I popped up Wireshark, looked at packets. The ping interaction looks totally normal. There are no packets coming back from the controller in response to my web request at all. My outgoing packets look fine, addressed to port 443. No change in either source or destination between ping and https.

I'm also not getting a response to either ssh or the CLI via serial cable. I think ssh is disabled by default after the factory reset, can't find anything on the CLI. Anybody?

6 REPLIES 6
Patrick R
Frequent Advisor

i will recommand to clear the browsers cache, restart it and try i get 

this command might help too

C:>arp -a

cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

hi

clear web browser history and restart msm controller

cenk

STCKaye
Occasional Visitor

Nope, no change. Wireshark shows my packets going out, no response.

DougB-CCCP
Frequent Advisor

I've bricked one of these in my past - but you may have hope. To factory reset you have to hold the reset button in until it blinks 3 times. Any more and you put it into recovery mode, where it will respond to pings as it waits for a TFTP upload of a new image.

So hold reset - ON - off - ON - off - ON - release. May take a couple times to perfect but you get the point.
----------------
HP ASE (Mobility), Infrastructure Engineer
Andrei27

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue with an HP MSM460 device. Is there any fix to the issue?

Thank you in advance.

gglater
Regular Advisor

To factory reset the MSM710, you need to press the reset button with an unbent paperclip tool and hold the button until all 3 LEDs blink together slowly 3 times.  Then release the button.  If you continue to hold the button until the LEDs flash together quickly, you will not reset the unit.

Once the unit is reset, you should be able to talk to it on the 192.168.1.1 address again.

To factory reset the MSM760, you will need to attach the console cable and communicate with the device that way.  You can reset the unit to factory in that way.  Clear instructions are provided in the documentation.

1. Power off the controller.
2. Connect a serial cable to the controller console port as follows:
• For the MSM760, see the MSM760 Controllers Installation Guide.
3. Configure a communications terminal program (such as Microsoft Hyperterminal for Windows,
or Minicom for Linux) as follows:
• Terminal: VT-100 (ANSI)
• Speed: Set speed according to the controller model:
◦ For the MSM760, set speed to 9600 bps.
• Data bits: 8
• Stop bits: 1
• Parity: none
• Flow control: none
4. Open an appropriately-configured terminal session.
5. Power on the controller. System boot messages appear.
6. Do not press any keyboard keys. Wait for the LILO prompt to appear. It looks like this:
LILO 22.1 boot:

IMPORTANT: As soon as the LILO prompt appears, tap the keyboard space bar to prevent
the automatic (non-factory-default) boot from continuing. You must tap the space bar or other
key within four seconds of the prompt appearing.

7. At the LILO prompt, type the command linux factory and press Enter. The boot with
factory defaults begins.