108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: General Setup Guest/Corporate

SOLVED
Go to solution
hgtwn
Visitor

General Setup Guest/Corporate

I am using MSM710 controller with access points. I am trying to set up two wireless networks. 1) Secure network with access to corporate network. This network is authenticated using AD and domain credentials.  2) Guest network that only has access to the internet.

I am not currently using a Radius server either. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to physically set this up, and how to set up the controller. I have read many different configurations of both using the LAN or Internet port for the corporate network and i don't know what the best method is.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
hgtwn
Visitor

UPDATE:

I am still trying to tackle this, but am a step closer. I have all the AP connected tot he LAN port of the MSM710and the Internet port is connected to our corperate network. Now, after controller authentication, I can view the corperate network and access internet. Now i want to segrigate the guest network to only access the interent. Using a Radius server has been mentioned, but is there an alternative (easier) way to separte my internal network from my interet traffic?

scifan3
Advisor
Solution

If you have very many users who will be using your wireless network, you'll want to configure an IAS server... it's really not that hard - look here: IAS Radius howto.

For the guest network... there's another example in the forums talking about the acl/attributes configuration on the controller... that's not too difficult either once you get the gist of how to set it up.

Some of these are advanced topics not covered in the HP manual. :)

Are you having the controller route/control all of your traffic? or are you authenticating and dropping the staff traffic out to the network via an egress vlan?

Sometimes you have to try multiple times before you succeed.
hgtwn
Visitor

Thanks for the information. I'll definitely be exploring this. I appreciate the help.