M and MSM Series
1753652 Members
5761 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Guest Management Software (GMS) 6.3 - Account State not refreshing / Required TCP UDP Ports

Nameeert
Frequent Advisor

Guest Management Software (GMS) 6.3 - Account State not refreshing / Required TCP UDP Ports

Hello,

i worked now with the GMS for a few days. GMS is installed on several computers. I am using SQL Express 2008.

The MSM720 is in a different Network. From my GMS Server following TCP Ports are allowed to my controller: 80, 443, 448

I created a subscription Plan (Valid for 1 hour after first login) and created some Guest-Accounts. I realized the Account State 1 hour after first login is still "Active" in my GMS. On my MSM720 Controller there is the Account in "inactive/invalid" State.

I tried to click on the "Refresh" Button in the GMS without success.

I expected the Account should be marked as "Expired" in the GMS.

Is this behavior by design? Do i have to open more Ports on my firewall? Do the "Refresh" Button refresh the informations from the database or from the database and controller?

If just from the database: Is it required to add my GMS Server in the controller (where?), so the controller can update/add some informations (over the GMS) in the SQL Database?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Marco

2 REPLIES 2
Systemaci
Frequent Visitor

Re: Guest Management Software (GMS) 6.3 - Account State not refreshing / Required TCP UDP Ports

Hello we have the same problem. Did you found solution or still finding?

Best Regards,

Peter

BjornSan

Hi,

Don't know if this is still active but it has a lot of view so...

The GMS can not check the state if you use controller based subscription plans. 

I was also looking for this problem and came out on the release note of the software:

About controller-based subscription plans
Controller-based subscription plans operate independently of GMS, and will not update GMS when
a user account, based on them, expires and goes “invalid”, which will result in leaving the user
account in GMS incorrectly showing the status as active.
Consider not using controller-based subscription plans, instead creating all users from within GMS

And this is still add in the release note of the latest version 6.5