1754021 Members
7627 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Guest Wifi Access HTML Redirect page not working

Junior2K

Guest Wifi Access HTML Redirect page not working

Hi guys,

Ive spent a number of hours trying to get this to work and Im getting desperate. Im pretty sure its going to be a simple problem but Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Have a MSM 730 with 15 AP's have a few VSCs running over different VLANs.  MSM is connected to LAN port only however I have set one of the VLANs up to have straight out internet access.

If I remove authentication from the VSC and connect to it I get an address and the internet works straight out. I want to make use of the HTML login auth but when I activate this and set it up my IE page never redirects and I cant get anything.

I havent added anything to the access list and am using the local auth server. I can browse to the MSMs IP/index.asp:8080 from other machines and can login using the Username/Password I set up.

Do you have to connect the internet port to get HTML auth to work or am I missing something here?

Any help GREATLY appreciated

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
rafter_1
Advisor

Re: Guest Wifi Access HTML Redirect page not working

Not sure with your product or exactly what your doing, but when setting up the web portal on our WX I had to allow all our DNS servers free access from the client - before the page would be displayed.

This is the link for it:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=4177463&prodTypeId=12883&objectID=c02601929&printver=true

hope it helps.