M and MSM Series
1748019 Members
4516 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Lifetime Warranty: long-term support for MSM wireless?

Dale Mahalko
Occasional Contributor

HP Lifetime Warranty: long-term support for MSM wireless?

Can anyone tell me how the HP Lifetime warranty works with regard to HP Wireless / MSM series?

We were researching Cisco vs HP three years ago, and at the time a Cisco vendor managed to come in under bid vs HP.

Well wouldn't you know it, two Cisco outdoor wireless APs were obsoleted last year after only two years of use, and all the rest of our indoor Cisco APs are being obsoleted this year.

The Cisco controller remains supported, but new controller updates will eventually no longer support our APs after sometime next year, and if we want to keep current with controller updates, then the APs will become useless and expensive bricks.

When a vendor says "they've had better luck with Cisco" it sounds to me more like, they have better luck with followup sales, due to constantly replacing short-life, forced-obsolescence Cisco products.

How does long term product support work with HP wireless products, and HP's Lifetime Warranty?

How long are older HP access points supported with HP MSM series controller updates?

2 REPLIES 2
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Re: HP Lifetime Warranty: long-term support for MSM wireless?

Hi

This is the most recent edition of the Warranty Summary(August 2013) . LifeTime Warranty 2 is also included (section 24x7 Technical Support).

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/support/warranty/HPNetworkingProductWarrantySummary.pdf

Please have a look at the section Wireless LAN.

More about Life Time Warranty 2

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/support/warranty/LTW-2_AnnouncementFAQ.pdf

HTH

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

MichaelM55
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Lifetime Warranty: long-term support for MSM wireless?

Well, what is "long-term" for you? You can always buy software carepacks for HP networking devices. As far as I know 5 years is maximum.