1748181 Members
4103 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP MSM 760 Teaming Problem after update

Somar
Occasional Collector

HP MSM 760 Teaming Problem after update

I have two Identical HP MSM 760 controller working as teaming, yesterday i updated the master controller firmware from 5.7.3 to 6.4 , but teaming doesn't work anymore and it lost the connectivity with the other controller plus the other controller didn't updated.

so i restored the master and  disabled the teaming, Update both of the MSM controllers to 6.4 and created the teaming again...

it works for 10 min then the slave shows offline with the following alert on the Master Event (Attachement)

Can anyone help me please 

2 REPLIES 2
KarthikeyanG

Hi

I had seen this issues earllier, and had to break the team made sure both the controllers worked individually correctly, than added the team back.

how many AP's both the controllers support?

Its always recommended to upgrade in sequence, you direclty Jumped from 5.7 to 6.4, its not an issue but better.

You just have to make sure the Country Settings and System Time Setting are same on both the Controllers, if not the team will always have issues.

Give it a try and let me know. 

Will try to find out more info on this behaviour. 

Thanks,

Karthikeyan

Somar
Occasional Collector

Hi

I had seen this issues earllier, and had to break the team made sure both the controllers worked individually correctly, than added the team back.

actually that what i did...i breacked the team, update both of them and enable the team again after i make sure that everything is ok

how many AP's both the controllers support?

the license supports 40 AP's and now i have about 20 AP's

Its always recommended to upgrade in sequence, you direclty Jumped from 5.7 to 6.4, its not an issue but better.

Actually i tried many versions because i was trying to configure the controller with HP GMS...so it was not directly from 5.7 to 6.4

You just have to make sure the Country Settings and System Time Setting are same on both the Controllers, if not the team will always have issues.

i already checked this many times...country and system time are identical.

thank you very much

Somar