1753907 Members
8602 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP MSM - Dashboard issue, RRM issue

Michal Doležal
Frequent Advisor

HP MSM - Dashboard issue, RRM issue

Hello I have two problems reported by customer.

First one - In Dashboard after some time some statistics freeze and are not refreshed in realtime. Exactly I talk about Wireless client top traffic graph (where I can see the stat how much data client downloaded/uploaded thru WIFI. It is third tab, table Most active wireless clients.

It is not: Hardware issue (same problem was on predecessor MSM720, now is on MSM765zl)

Can be temporarily resolved by rebooting the controller. No exact messages in log.  It looks as display problem only, because it looks that datas are normally saved inside controller.

Has somebody similar problem? I will make the support ticket on HP, but this can be faster.

Firmware 6.5.2

Second one: We have MSM517 installed, controlled by MSM765zl. Target goal is to have completely dynamic Radio environement (big interferences on different channel accross the time). So RRM Autoconfig required. But we need to exclude channel 13 (due to Apple PCs from US and because we are talking about hotel, so apple comes from guests).

In current version (6.5.2) some 517 still working on channel 13 (channel excluded). According to documentation in this case the behavior must be, that channel 13 must be excluded and RRM cannot work with this channel.

Real behavior is that some APs still have channel 13.

We can set static channel but that is not solution, just workaround.

any ideas?

Michal Dolezal, DiS.
System engineer
AVE BOHEMIA, s.r.o.
5 REPLIES 5
johnk3r
Respected Contributor

Hi.

Look, I'm using the latest release and I'm not having these problems.

Version 6.6.0.0.

ATP FLEXNETWORK V3 | ACSA
Michal Doležal
Frequent Advisor

Version 6.6, really new and fresh. I am waiting a while because experience from the history :) Bugfix from version 6.5.2

But I moved forward little bit. Problem with channels is caused by the error when I configure channel exclusion on the top level (At Controlled APs). If I configure it one level down on the group of APs everything is functional.

And It looks that it is connected to MSM517 only, 430 are not affected.

I investigate the problem with statistics on Dashboard more deeply (log with 300 MB :)) and I suspect that something freezed in controller because some datas (client statistics) are not downloaded from APs.

I record this error: rrdsampler: [APSampler] Failed to gather data for id_of_client, rc = -1

And also third tab header is empty 0 APs under 50%, 0 APs over 50%. It is interesting that on MSM720 used 4 months error was this problem too. But all of my customers are working properly.

Interesting is, that the config was not moved from old MSM controller but msm765zl was completely configured manualy.

Michal Dolezal, DiS.
System engineer
AVE BOHEMIA, s.r.o.
RamKrish
Valued Contributor

Hi Michael

Related to your Dashboard not showing updated graphs - If you are already on 6.5.2.0 which should contain a fix similar previously reported., then i suggest support case is warranted for further investigation.

For MSM517 selecting static channel - check if the "Severe interference/detection mitigatin" feature is enabled on the Radio setting page.  (refer to attached screen snap).  Then you may want to see disable it and see if that helps. 

Thanks

Ram

Regards
Ram
Michal Doležal
Frequent Advisor

Ticket was placed on HP. Today We restarted controller and it doesn´t help.  It looks that I am not able to download datas from APs due some error. In log there are some events leading to this idea as I wrote in last article.

I will post the result of the ticket here because I think it can be very helpful for all.

Thank you for your notice about MSM517, I will check this behavior.

Michal Dolezal, DiS.
System engineer
AVE BOHEMIA, s.r.o.
Michal Doležal
Frequent Advisor

Ram - Severe Mitigation option cannot be selected due to limitation on MSM517 where this option is not supported.

Michal Dolezal, DiS.
System engineer
AVE BOHEMIA, s.r.o.