Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP MSM760 Controller, unable to ping RADIUS server

Highlighted
theminority
Occasional Visitor

HP MSM760 Controller, unable to ping RADIUS server

Hi

I have a HP MSM760 Controller currently sitting in LAN network 10.188.x.x. I have setup a new Windows AD RADIUS authentication server in a different office location within a VLAN of 10.187.x.x.

I am unable to ping the controller from the RADIUS server, nor ping the RADIUS server from the controller. I can ping other servers, network devices on the same VLAN as the controller, so I know this is a routing issue.

What i would like to know is;

1. Is this setup, possible? A Radius server in a seperate VLAN to the LAN port of the controller

2. How and where do I add the 10.187.x.x route to the controller without affecting any wireless traffic\VSC's currently in use?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
harendra
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP MSM760 Controller, unable to ping RADIUS server

Hi,

It is better you can provide network connectivity diagram and existing routes you are using.

Highlighted
theminority
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP MSM760 Controller, unable to ping RADIUS server

Hi harendra, thanks for replying.

The network is a flat vlan, 10.188.x.x where the controller lives, with the RADIUS server in another location on 10.187.x.x.

From the RADIUS server i can connect to other 10.188.x.x servers\devices as i have added routes for this, and the same in the other direction, i can ping the RADIUS server from 10.188.x.x servers. 

I need to tell the controller about the 10.187.x.x network somehow.

Hope that helps? Thanks