M and MSM Series
1753360 Members
4878 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Procurve MSM 430 (J9651A)

hasankarim66

HP Procurve MSM 430 (J9651A)

i have a 3 access points type J9651A (MSM 430 dual radio)installed in one floor in a hotel , each with the different channel 1, 6 .11 and
with correct distance , and i configure them with basic configuration according to the manual

the problem i can not get full when i get away from on access point about 10 meter the signal is becoming very weak according to the aspex

these APs provide more coverage

my question is what is the best configuration to enhance the coverage area and increase the signal

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I've had this very problem at two customer locations with the MSM430. Output on the 2.4Ghz radio has been maxing out at ~9dBm with bad coverage as a result.

Today we got the new version 5.5.2.4 from HP support which seems to have fix this, we've seen output power up to 17dBm at one client site and the next week Im deploying this version at my other clients.

Please try this release and see if you get any better coverage.
---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

Dr-Q
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Tried to update the HP MSM430 firmware to version 5.5.2.1 from HP official website but the wireless signal is still weak. I was unable to find the version 5.5.2.4 from HP support.  Can i have the link or the firmware since i need it urgently to fix the wireless access point coverage?

Thanks for the help....