1748285 Members
3830 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

HP V-M200 slow throughput from wireless to wired

bahamot
Occasional Advisor

HP V-M200 slow throughput from wireless to wired

This access point is driving me nuts ...  Tried everything but never can get higher throughput when transferring file from wireless to wired.

If using single stream wireless adapter (1:1:1), I can get higher than 2MiB/s with ease. But when using dual stream wireless adapter (2:2:2) this access point can't get higher than 2MiB/s. While transferring at 2MiB/s, the M200's CPU already reached 100%.

For detail please refer to the attached excel.

I tried to contact the support but they accused me for being not bonafide customer and insist me to provide proof of purchased. Which indirectly implies they accused me  for stealing the access point that I bought with my hard earned money.

4 REPLIES 4
tschaps
Valued Contributor

Re: HP V-M200 slow throughput from wireless to wired

I am curious whether you every figured this out or got any positive reaction from HP? WIth all the various issues, I'd respect them more if they acknowledged that this low-end model was a mistake and did a buy-back to get them off the streets. I believe this model was HP's  first 802.11n AP, and it was actually developed by Colubris, which HP bought and pushed these right out the door without adequate testing. That's my theory, anyway. I have 8 of these back sitting on the shelf, just two still in service I am tinkering with, and I continue to be disappointed by the constant reports of problems from users, so I am taking the last two out of service this weekend, and hell if I'm buying more HP to replace them. The old Apple Airport base stations these replaced worked more reliably, maybe I'll dig those out again. :(

gglater
Regular Advisor

Version 5.4.1.1 is released for the M200, and I encourage people to try it out.  It contains many fixes and may remedy this issue.

--glen

bahamot
Occasional Advisor

They didn't even notify me back when there was new firmware. But the new firmware is also useless.
gglater
Regular Advisor

Were you given a support case number?  If you let me know what that is, I can follow up.

thanks.

--glen