M and MSM Series
1752719 Members
5817 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP V110/3CRWDR300A-73 PPTP VPN Problems. Works First Time ONLY?

Jithen Singh
Occasional Contributor

HP V110/3CRWDR300A-73 PPTP VPN Problems. Works First Time ONLY?

Hi There,

I have just purchased a HP V110/3CRWDR300A-73 Wireless ADSL 11n Firewall Router and I having problems with outgoing VPN connections.

If I connect to my work VPN which is using PPTP it works fine the first time. I then disconnect and try to reconnect again and it fails.

If I reboot the router and try and connect it will work again.

I know its not our work VPN as I have tried my older Siemans router and it works fine everytime.

I am running the latest firmware available: Version 1.12.06 (13 Apr 2010 12:05:42)

I have also been going through to try different settings but nothing seems to help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
bergonz
Advisor

Me too, but with IPsec. I have a IPsec VPN tunnel with the office, and it does the same: it stays in "Connecting..." until reset.

If someone who is in position to look into it wants configs, captured traffic, etc. please let me know.
Jithen Singh
Occasional Contributor

I am working with HP on my particular issue and I think we are slowly getting there. We have been able to replicate the problem easily enough and am running tests which are being submitted to them.

Hopefully this is the same problem and it gets addressed soon.

Cheers

PJayZ
Occasional Contributor

I set VPN and it connects but transfers nothing through VPN :(

Techno
Regular Advisor

Are you trying to do VPN via the router or from your PC ?

I use VPN on this router daily, I can connect to remote routers or dial from my PC out.

To use VPN from the LAN across the router, make sure that you have ticked allow VPN Passthrough.

This is currently an Issue I am told by HP that they will fix soon, clients don't need to have Allow VPN Passthrough ticked.

Otherwise, Router to Router, make sure you define the remote LAN subnet in order to pass traffic.

Hope this helps.

The Tech Man Has Spoken....
Jithen Singh
Occasional Contributor

This was confirmed as an issue by HP earlier this year with a firmware problem on the device. I couldn't wait that long so I recieved a refund and now have a Cisco router. I think the latest firmware update whichi was release a few months ago might address this issue.

Cheers