3775 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP710 roaming problem with symbol access point

gezos spyros
Visitor

HP710 roaming problem with symbol access point

Hello

I have one controller 710 and 6 msm310 configure in one buliding.

In two other buldings i used symbol ap.

The problem is that users who came to hp wifi network does not roam and so they logof from myapplication and needs to restart in order to assosieted with hp wifi .

My user roam frequently in these buliding and i have problem with this.

Is any way of solving this ?

thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS- This thread has been moved from Communication and Wireless to MSM Series- Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Fredrik L├╢nnman
Honored Contributor

The "symbol AP", is that another AP vendor, nothing that is connected to the MSM I suppose? If you use the same SSID and same PSK the client should roam somewhat good. If they are autonomous you cant expect seamless roaming from the HP APs though.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

gezos spyros
Visitor

TH "symbol PA" are not connected to MSM 710 they have the same SSID and PSK as the msm710 all are in the same network. 

I read some thing about neiborhood detection and thought if is something that i can do?

Or can i connecte the "sumbol ap" the msm for authentication or something like this ?

Fredrik L├╢nnman
Honored Contributor

Since the Symbol AP is a completely different system you cannot utalize functions like Opportunistic PMK caching etc that all HP APs connected to the MSM710 would be able to. When roaming between Symbol and HP APs the client has to do all handshakes and negotiations again.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

ISoliman
Super Advisor

Make sure you are using WPA or WPA2 in both and also TKIP or AES, if these are not matching the roaming will not work also, hardcode it to one with the correct encryption and make sure the clients also use the same.