New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP MSM 560

SOLVED
Go to solution
minhtien
Regular Visitor

HPE MSM 560

Hi all !

My device is failing to access the console, I want to upload the firmware to it, but keep reporting the error as shown. 

<HPE>
%Apr 26 12:03:13:623 2000 HP WMSH/6/WMESH_ENTER_ZERO_CFG_STATE: The device has entered zero configuration state.
%Apr 26 12:03:13:624 2000 HP WMSH/6/WMESH_EXIT_ZERO_CFG_STATE: The device has exited zero configuration state.
<HPE>
. Please help me.
Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Hello, 

The log messages you are seeing indicate that your HP 560 is running a Comware image at the moment. This is the case because this AP was previously controlled by an HPE Unified Wired WLAN controller like HP 830, 850, 870, 10500 Wlan module etc. The Comware image doesnt support AP autonomous mode, only controlled mode and in this case the AP firmware is updated automatically by the controller

If your goal is to run the AP in autonomouls mode and be able to update and manage it separately you have to go to the download page of the AP and select release 6.5.0.0.

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=J9846A

Download from this page the zip archive V6.5.0.0-HP560-B19493.zip. 

Here you can find a couple of files. Please first read the pdf document called HP_UnifiedToMSM(TFTP)_instructions.pdf If I understand your requirements correctly in Step 2 you need to follow Load Method 2 Using TFTP. because you dont have an MSM controller.  Please note that for this instruction you need to use the V6.5.0.0-HP560-B19493.cim.startup file not the V6.5.0.0-HP560-MSM410-MSM430-MSM460-MSM466-MSM466R-B19493.cim file.

After finishing the procedure you should be able to switch the AP to autonomous mode using the WebUI. In the webUI you can update to any version you want if you are entitled to run this version.

Let me know if you have any questions or something is not working as expected.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

minhtien
Regular Visitor

Hi!
I used TFTP to download file image 6.5.0.0; but still could not load the image; The uploaded file could not be found from TFTPCapture 01.PNGCapture 02.PNGCapture 03.PNGCapture 04.PNG

Emil_G
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello ,

Thanks for the response and the screenshots!

I see that you have entered the Comware Boot Menu and you have initiated the download from this menu. This is not the correct procedure. The fact that you can see the Comware boot menu means that you didnt follow the steps exactly. Especially step 5 of Load Method 2: Using TFTP.

5. Using a paper clip, press and hold the AP reset button until the AP status LEDs flash at a rate of
approximately twice/second (the LEDs will initially flash at a slower rate before flashing at the faster
rate), then release the reset button.
The AP starts up in TFTP boot mode.

If you can access the Comware boot menu this means that the AP is not in a TFTP boot mode. Please repeat the procedure following the steps exactly as described in the document. Dont use the Bootware Menu to do anything. Try to use TFTP from a Windows machine as described in the document. If you prefer using TFTPd have a look at this document for more details.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c02684335

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

minhtien
Regular Visitor

Hi !!
Thank you very much. because it did and it worked as it wished.
Thanks!