1753809 Members
8239 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HTML Login Page - not appearing for all devices....MSM760 Team

Colin Benson
Advisor

HTML Login Page - not appearing for all devices....MSM760 Team

I have a Guest VSC created on a pair of teamed MSM760 controllers.

GUEST VSC

- HTML Login

- DHCP Relay (DHCP Scope 192.168.90.x - DNS & Def GW set to Management Controller IP address 192.168.4.221)

- Egress VLAN999 - bound to Internet Port connected directly to firewall

All clients when connecting to the VSC retrieve an IP address correctly as below:-

IP - 192.168.90.15

Mask - 255.255.255.0

Def Gw - 192.168.4.221

DNS - 192.168.4.221

The weird thing is only some devices get presented with the HTML login page for authentication, the other devices do not and as such get no access to the internet.

This is being rolled out across 125 APs and 13 sites and the pressure is on me to make to it work, however I am unable to see why the HTML page would only get presented to some devices and not others.

This is not device type specific i.e. it works on one iphone but not the next iphone....

Is this a teaming issue, if I use one of the devices that is not working and try and connect to wireless.hp.internal to see if I get presented with the login page, I get the standard login page and not the one we have designed for the customer - is it reading this from the 2nd controller??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

This might be quasirelated: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=3963981&prodTypeId=12883&prodSeriesId=3963981&objectID=c02737668

Always good to fix when you have to support iPad/iPhone etc. I've also seen the symptom you describe when you cant get to the login portal at all and that's been mainly because of iOS built in portal login manager thingy. Try and disable it and see if it works.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

Colin Benson
Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

I'd seen that article before and tried disabling pop-up blocker etc on an iphone that wasn't working but still no joy - weird thing is I have iphones and & ipads that do work - it's driving me nuts!

what's the portal thingy you speak off?

Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

http://support.en.belgacom.be/euf/assets/images/screenshots/ios-automatic-connection-login-on.jpg <- this. I think its on by default on open SSIDs to help with automatic login on hotspot sites or whatever.. seen cases where it wont work with MSM, but logging in through the browser does.
---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

ISoliman
Super Advisor

Hi Colin,

I'm having similar issue but not only for iOS devices but any device, 1st can you please let me know how exactly did you configure the DHCP relay with teaming enabled, I have it configured and working but to confirm if it is correct.

In my case I have external portal that sometimes work and most of the time don't, I can reach the server where that portal is hosted all the time from both controllers so no routing or connectivity issues.