108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

In MSM760 how to create multiple VLAN with DHCP scope

SOLVED
Go to solution
ProCurve-Super
Occasional Advisor

In MSM760 how to create multiple VLAN with DHCP scope

Could please some one light me how to create multiple vlan in MSM Controller 760, now I have enable with one default vlan HPProcurve, it is working fine.

How to create on more SSID, with vlan ID associated.
7 REPLIES 7
Fred!
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: In MSM760 how to create multiple VLAN with DHCP scope

I'm afraid you will have to detail a little bit more your scenario and what you are trying to achieve, because I'm not sure I understand your question.

If you want to create another VLAN just go to the VLAN page (Network > Ports tab) and create a new VLAN, then to the VSC page and create a new VSC and assign that VLAN to the VSC. You may also have to add a binding in the AP/Group configuration to apply that VSC (and potentially VLAN) on the APs.
ProCurve-Super
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply, I need to configure 5 vlan with five DHCP scope in MSM 760.

From Network page -> Ports -> I have created new vlan [ without IP Address ], then in VSC padge create new SSID and associate this SSID with vlan.

But my newly created SSID is not get advertised, please suggest me what I am mising in creating new SSID.

How to create DHCP scope for different SSID in MSM760

Shadow13
Respected Contributor

check the implementation guide in my.procurve.com
ProCurve-Super
Occasional Advisor

Yes..I have implementation guide MSM 7XX, download from,
http://www.procurve.com/customercare/support/manuals/index.htm

MSM7XX is not that much clear, expecting specific documnet and troubleshooting document.

Now I am able to create multiple vlan and SSID is published, for default SSID DHCP is working, for addtional created SSID DHCP is not working.

For newly created VSC profile, in the same page last enable DHCP Server and enable the DHCP scope and bind the VSC ID with VSC Bindings
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

ProCurve-Super
Occasional Advisor

After Rebooting the 760, DHCP is working for multiple vlan.

Now my question is, I have two controller MSM 760, with 422 19 Nos, how to create fallback in MSM 760.

Please light me how to create fallback in MSM760
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

i would recommend waiting for the new firmware 5.4 since there is a new feature coming on it regardign failover.