1752812 Members
6190 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Issue ID #102860 in release 5.5.3.0

Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Issue ID #102860 in release 5.5.3.0

Has anyone tried to update to 5.5.3.0 yet? I just read the release notes and saw this under Known Issues;

"102860 Clients roaming to untagged VLANs cannot communicate with the network."

I have a lot of VSC/SSID mappings that are untagged from the AP, should I be worried? Seems like really weird to even release this build with this intruduced bug if you really cant roam into an untagged VLAN.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

4 REPLIES 4
Stephen Swain
Frequent Advisor

Re: Issue ID #102860 in release 5.5.3.0

I don't find the release notes that helpful - they don't really explain anything about the problems, so upgrades are really a sort of hit and miss affair. You try them, see if it breaks, and roll back when it does.

I do hope HP start to make upgrades more predictable, and at least provide more descriptive information in the release notes.

ISoliman
Super Advisor

I was looking for a clear info regarding this "known issue" also, should tag this VLAN and move the management staff to another VLAN to prevent this or what to do?? The release notes is not clear at all in regarding to this :S

tschaps
Valued Contributor

I updated a couple of mine over the weekend, and they seem to be doing well. I have an untagged VLAN but have not noticed the problem, but the description of the issue is pretty vague.

ISoliman
Super Advisor

I have updated 2 days ago and so far working fine, the bug might or might not hit you so it depends on your luck, I think HP has fix by now you will have to check with the support for that