1753528 Members
5275 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: LWAPP/CAPWAP

Nikolay_SG
Visitor

LWAPP/CAPWAP

I have a question about communication between  WLC MSM760 and APs MSM series - how do they communicate with each other? Whether the WLC supports - "CAPWAP" or "LWAPP". I've read most of the information for the HP wireless solution, but I could not find anything related to this.

4 REPLIES 4
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

the management tunnel between AP and MSM controller is set up via OpenVPN, port 1194/tcp and 1194/udp. The initial controller discovery made by the APs are 38212/udp.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

Nikolay_SG
Visitor

Hi Fredric,

I want to thank you for this information :)

Best Regards,

N.G

Nikolay_SG
Visitor

Hi Fredric,

I am not so familiar with HP Wireless solution, but I want to learn it in detail, so if it is not a problem for you would you give me a direction where I can read in more details about the communication between WLC MSM and Access points MSM series. I suppose that will be interesting for everybody who wants to understand how  HP wireless solution operate.

Thank You in advance,

N.G

Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The most detailed document I've found is the MCG, Mangement and Configuration guide found here

Chapter 5: Working with controlled APs section Discovery of controllers by controlled APs covers it quite good.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S