1752587 Members
3815 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Layer 3 mobility

duffman667
Occasional Advisor

Layer 3 mobility

I am having an issue with the L3 Mobility on my HP system.  I have an MSM720 with 460AP's.  At my main location everything works great.  I have it setup with a Guest SSID (open, DHCP handled by Controller), Employee(WPA-2  DHCP handled by Controller) and Private(Peap DHCP relayed to windows DHCP server).  However, when I put an AP at a WAN location it provisions just fine, and Guest/Employee works great but Private won't work at all.  It is connecting and I can see on my RADIUS server where I am getting authenticated and I get a DHCP address but I can't access anything.  I can't even ping my default gateway.  But once again, when I go back to the main campus the Private works just fine.  Is there anything special I need to be doing on the controller to allow for the Private to work.   It confuses me because why would Guest and Employee work just fine but not Private?  Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
duffman667
Occasional Advisor

Re: Layer 3 mobility

I forgot about this question and need to update it.  I ended up figuring it out.  Apparently the best thing to do is shred the HP documentation.  Once I stopped reading all the crap about creating Local Networks for L3 mobility and just created static routes everything worked fine.