cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

Re: Losing access to network

I can test new software version this weekend
cenk

BGraham_1
Frequent Advisor

I would send you our config, but we have a fairly complex setup with 12 VSCs (some with 802.1X, some with WPA2) and as many VLANs to match.

I have a current case open with TAC, but I have been following this thread closely due to the similarity to the issues we are having.

My question a few minutes ago is because you said "this issue fixed 5.5.3 software". but when I review the release notes, I saw nothing conclusive regarding the issue that started this thread. Two "Fixes" that look like they might be related are:

43253 When a large number of wireless clients are roaming between APs or disconnecting/
reconnecting (for example, in a busy public environment) the maximum number of
supported wireless clients slowly decreases because internal management cannot keep
up with the changes.

43478 Egress VLANs in a VSC binding are not synchronized properly on all managed APs.

Although I remain hopeful this will be resolved, I think that saying 5.5.3 is the resolution is still a bit premature.

I will post what HP support finds with our case when resolved, so that others may try it in their network to see if it works in their situation.

Kind Regards,

Bob

cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

I can setup last week 70 310 ap and MSM 760 controller
seven ssid and eggress vlan config one ssid 802.1x ,four ssid wpa and one ssid html authentication.

My msm 760 software version 5.5.1
can't see any eror wireless user
still working without a complaint

I think your issue 4XX access points and fix this issue 5.5.3 software this is no controller issue

Re: Losing access to networkOptions
Edit Reply

Mark as New

Bookmark

Subscribe

Subscribe to RSS Feed

Highlight

Print

Email to a Friend

Report Inappropriate Content

an hour ago

this issue fixed with 5.5.3 software

https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=J9420A

Beamforming

(Only supported on the E-MSM430, E-MSM460, E-MSM466.)

The beamforming feature is available in v5.5.1 and higher for all product versions as follows:

Fixes

The following issues have been fixed since release 5.5.2.0:

Model WW Americas Japan Israel

E-MSM430 J9651A J9650A J9652A J9653A

E-MSM460 J9591A J9590A J9589A J9618A

E-MSM466 J9622A J9621A J9620A

cenk

sjordet
Advisor

What my contact claimed would fix it was this:

Defect 102596 (Auto channel fix for MSM46x & MSM430)

Defect 102601 (Auto channel fix for MSM422 & MSM410... (legacy etc...) )"

JvR_NM
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Stil have the same problem with version 5.5.3.0. Error while removing vlan id:10 (radius) errors in the log. We use Radius on a Windows 2003 SP1 server, do other people with the same problems use Radius on a Windows 2003 server ?  

snaslund

We get the same kind of errors with users unable to connect and getting 169 block addresses.  This is with MSM760 teamed controllers and MSM422AP.  We have had so many issues getting feature to work and so many mysterious log messages, we have pretty much given up and just got used to rebooting controllers regularly.  We also have issues with the internal web server dying.  This is all on release 5.5.2.1 and we cannot move up to the newer releases because they don't work right with the active directory setup we have (the NetBIOS domain name does not match the AD domain name).

This product line has us very frustrated in general with its extreme bugginess and HP support telling us they have never seen a particular problem before when it is all over their own forums.  We have also noticed that they ask for more and more and more data on a problem and then seem to start over in troubleshooting from the beginnning.  This is not a good product line at all.

Steven Naslund

Senior Network Engineer

Medline Industries Inc.

Craig-Lyndes
Advisor

Wow!  This is still going on!

I posted here originally on 3/25/2010 and persued it with HP support.  One tech candidly told me that multiple standards (b,g,n) at 2.4 GHz was the problem.  I set our 33 MSM410 radios to g only and the problem went away.

Now I have some MSM430 radios (1:1 initiative with lots of kids with lots of notebooks) and they can not be set to G only!!! 

THE PROBLEM IS BACK! 

It would appear HP has not solved this.

How can we band together to get HP support to at least acknowledge that this is a problem?

Craig Lyndes

St Albans City School

BGraham_1
Frequent Advisor

We have been working with HP over th past few months. Last week they told us that they have found the underlying issue. We are now waiting for them to come back with the fix. They said it would likely be in the 5.5.3 code. I will post as soon as I hear anything.

Bob

ISoliman
Super Advisor

5.5.3.0 is released, I had the same issue and updated the firmware to that and for 2 days there are no complaints, will have to monitor the status for longer time before 100% confirming that.