M and MSM Series
1753707 Members
4821 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM 730 Radio 2 not responding sometimes.

UshustechIT
Occasional Advisor

MSM 730 Radio 2 not responding sometimes.

Hi,

we had 4 MSM 730 APsdeployed in different locationsand manged by a MSM710 Controller. My Problem is some times users are not able to connect to APs (not to all APs at time). Its not happening frequently,  may be once in a month or like that. When I checked Ap status at that time I noticed Radio2 LED is not blinking and I checked the Radio 2 Status aftre clearing counters and find that no Rx Unicast octets remians Zero. Restarting AP will solve the problem. Did anyone experice the same problem?. Please help me to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards

Sreejith

9 REPLIES 9
Vivek_Singh
Advisor

Hi Sreejith,

Wanted to check you are referrinf MSM 430 instead of MSM 730 (MSM 730 is a controller). 

First of all I would suggest to check software version, as therer were few software which were very unstable, could you let us know what is software version  on MSM 710 and MSM 430 (if I am correct).

Regards,
Vivek Kumar Singh
HP Networking
UshustechIT
Occasional Advisor

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah you are right it is a MSM430. Sorry for my Mistake. 

Software version:

5.7.0.2-01-10750 is running in both Controller and APs.

Regards

Sreejith

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: MSM430 Radio 2 not responding sometimes.

>you are right it is a MSM430.

You can edit your posts with: Post Options > Edit Reply

Vivek_Singh
Advisor

Hi Sreejith,

I am not sure whether you have software warranty Active or Software contract, I will definately suggest to upgrade software, to avoid any exisiting bug. 

Please let me know if you have any contracy/Active Warranty, If not, please let me know do you have any approx date and time when it happened last and are you using inbuild Antenna or any external Antenna. are you using that Radio only for Access point or Local mesh only or both,

Regards,
Vivek Kumar Singh
HP Networking
UshustechIT
Occasional Advisor

Yeah the device is under warranty. No external antennas and no Local mesh done. There is two software updates available

Version 5.7.0.3 (General avialability release and a 5.7.3 (Maintenance realease). What is the difference between these two?. 

Regards

SReejith

Vivek_Singh
Advisor

Hi Sreejith,

Main difference b/w two is Maintenance release are those release which handle few urgent issues, General avialability are those which are tested and can work with different environment.

You can go for Maintenance release; however make sure to check release note and first try on one AP to ensure that it is not affecting or creating issues.

Regards,
Vivek Kumar Singh
HP Networking
UshustechIT
Occasional Advisor

Re: MSM 430 Radio 2 not responding sometimes.

Hi Vivek,

This update is for MSM 710 controller. My understanding is while running APs in manged mode we cannot update Firmware of APs and we can only update Controlelr firmware which in turn updates the Firmware of AP. Am I right?.

Regards

Sreejith

Vivek_Singh
Advisor

Hi Sreejith,

You are right, you need to update your controller, please make sure that you perform this in down time as all AP will be upgraded and rebooted.

Regards,
Vivek Kumar Singh
HP Networking
UshustechIT
Occasional Advisor

Thak You Vivek :)

Regards

Sreejith