M and MSM Series
1753352 Members
5019 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM-760 Guest access

Evo8

MSM-760 Guest access

The guest access on the 760 has been working ok with the internet port connected to the corp network along with the AP's and the guest VSC tunneled etc with web auth and the VMT. My customer now wants to use a dedicated router for guest access as it is having an impact on the corp internet connection, how can this be acheived. I have connected the router to the lan port on the 760 and the 760 can ping it, I have changed the DG in the 760 to point to the router but the guest can not now get on the internet. Thank you in advance!!
2 REPLIES 2

How I did it was that I have the guest SSID tagged to the guest VLAN. Then in my router, I have assigned bandwidth restrictions and priorities based on the VLAN. Ie. the guest VLAN has a low priority, and total bandwidth is throttled. I'm only using one router.

You said that the 760 can ping the router, but can the guest clients ping the router? Is the LAN port connected directly to the router, or is there a switch or anything in between?

Evo8

Thanks for the reply, 760 can ping router but guest cannot. I am thinking of adding a vlan to the corp lan and tagging it to the 760 with an un-tagged port in the new vlan connected to the router. Then set that vlan as the 'egress' vlan in the guest vsc. I think that would work but I did really wanted to keep the guest system seperate.