6814 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

MSM 760 & HA

Trevor Commulynx
Regular Advisor

MSM 760 & HA

Guys,

anyone know if the 5.4 code will support HA between MSM mobility controllers?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. -HP Forum Moderator

9 REPLIES 9
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

Re: MSM 760 & HA

Yes, HA will be supported between MSM mobility controllers in SW 5.4 by configuring a cluster/stack of several controllers. This will be supported on MSM760 and MSM765zl controllers.
Trevor Commulynx
Regular Advisor

Thankyou Fred. Mid Year I hear fo rthe Firmware.
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

Most likely or slightly before that from what I know.
JoseMi Latorre Valen
Occasional Advisor

Any news about 5.4 code availability?
Trevor Commulynx
Regular Advisor

Mid Year.
Cajuntank MS
Valued Contributor

I'm assuming that this will be applicable for the MSM750 controllers as well?
Trevor Commulynx
Regular Advisor

the 750's are EOL so they wont be selling anymore so I would assume they wont support this feature. Could be wrong.
Cajuntank MS
Valued Contributor

I know they have been keeping up with the same code as the 760 and 765(s). I'm currently at 5.3.4.x.x.x.x, so I'm hopefull.
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

Sorry to kill any spark of hope here, but unfortunately the feature will only be available on 760/765zl controllers. I am positive about it.

Although the 5.4 code will be able to run on the older controllers, you will not be able to activate the clustering/HA feature unless you have a 760/765zl.

It could be due to the space required to handle all the information inside the main controller or any other reasons. But the 760/765 products have a hard drive versus just non-volatile memory in the older product. That could be a potential reason why this restriction applies.