1748171 Members
3833 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM 760

MichaelRicardo
Frequent Advisor

MSM 760

I have some issues - HP support is telling me this is normal!! - I have problem believing

ISSUES:

when I change settings тАУ AP are not automatically sync - have to invoke manual sync - it wasn't like that before.

AP are not automatically discovered when disconnected and reconnected.

I have addressed latter to HP  suggested I perform factory reset the device.

e.g.

Detected

AP name

Product

Serial number

MAC address

Group name

Creation mode

Already seen

Admin Down

Yes

HAR-AP-02

HP 560

D4:C9:EF:E3:84:60

Default Group

Discovered

Yes

No

No

HAR-AP-01

HP 560

D4:C9:EF:E3:64:9B

Default Group

Discovered

Yes

No

please advise?

5 REPLIES 5
Transport
Advisor

It is indeed normal behavior that you have to manually sync your settings to the access points.

Sometime you have to change multiple settings before the final setup to work. If you start pushing every single change to your AP, you're at risk losing AP-Controller connectivity. And that's not something you want when they aren't next to you on your desk :)

Regarding the loss in connectivity after disconnecting and reconnecting, suggest there's something wrong with your discovery settings AND/OR port settings of the AP.

Maybe you are pushing the wrong default VLAN-setting to your AP, or didn't enable manageability on that new interface from the controller.

MichaelRicardo
Frequent Advisor

Hi 

Please see attachment - can you advised me on where to look for possible config issue that can result in failure to discover APs?

This is once working and now it isn't - difficult to find what changed.

kind Regards,

Michael

Transport
Advisor

I assume your AP's and controller are in the same subnet (no routing).

I also assume your controller is set up on it's LAN-interface and not on its internet-interface.

In that case, you should select LAN-interface to discover your AP's on the network (screenshot attached).

MichaelRicardo
Frequent Advisor

Hi

Many thanks for coming back.

Please see attached Network Diagram - Internet Port is connected to rest of the network, LAN is just used for giving out DHCP for clients and tunneling clinet data back to APs. 

Let me know if you need any other info?

Kind Regards,

Michael

MichaelRicardo
Frequent Advisor

Its all sorted - AC is now redicovering the APs.

The fact that AC was reseted and older configured restoed furthermore APs were hard resetted few times - must of introduced untrust between AC and AP often AC reporting AP as untrusted.  Think it has someting to SSL  - public key mismatch.

Regards,

Michael