1752579 Members
2993 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM 765zl Ports

Shadow13
Respected Contributor

MSM 765zl Ports

can anybody tell me about the ports for the MSM 765zl, from the manual i can see that port X1 is for the internet port and X2 is for the lan port, but they also mentioning that you have to assign ethernet ports to them, how exactly ??
i did not understand that part.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. -HP Forum Moderator

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

The MSM765zl ports are covered in pages 2-6 to 2-9 in the following installation guide.

http://cdn.procurve.com/training/Manuals/r531/MSM765zl-IGSG-May09-5992-5964.pdf

The quick answer is that you need to configured two VLANs on the switch (e.g. MSM_LAN and MSM_Int) and assign the MSM765zl ports to these VLANs.

Cheers
Fotios
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

thanks for you reply, i already know that but the problem is they are mentioning something about using ethernet ports to match the MSM ports, can anybody explain that please ?
Trevor Commulynx
Regular Advisor

x refers to the Module. the VLAN for each is required for seperating the traffic and should be based on VLAN design.

For example- I have the 765 in slot F. therefore F1 in internet and F2 is Lan. These ports are then placed into what ever VLANs you have for your respective Public/Private networks.

trev.
Trevor Commulynx
Regular Advisor

Sorry, your question about ehternet ports. The ethernet ports are the X1 & X2. when the module is inserted these ports become active. there is no special ehternet port configuration.
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

i know about the lan port and the internet port, i'm talking about what the manual said, please read it and you will get what i'm asking about
Trevor Commulynx
Regular Advisor

Mate, what page are you talking about? what everyone has said is correct. the ports are virtual and relvant to the slot the module is inserted into.
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

check teh vlan part on the manual,

i will close this coz i did not find the answer