1753259 Members
5158 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

MSM310 AP

Richoline

MSM310 AP

hi all

i am battling here with my AP,i am unable to install it.

ok, here is the situation,my company at the moment does not have any network an we are using a wireless AP to access the printer and 3Gs to access the internet,now we recently had a new printer that needs to be installed.the problem is everytime i plug and turn on the AP all the lights come on and off,but only 1 light(power light) is left and keeps on flashing,and when i have to connect to the Manager with the IP, i cant get to it and that power light keeps on flashing. we only need it to connect to the printer not the internet.

please help

Richard

1 REPLY 1
Arimo
Respected Contributor

Re: MSM310 AP

Hi

An MSM AP is by default on Controlled mode. It will first search for IP address through DHCP, then it will start searching for a controller. That's what your box is doing.

To use it in Autonomous mode you need to first configure it to Autonomous. The AP Management and Configuration guide (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12883&prodSeriesId=3836387) will tells you how to configure.

Please note that this is an AP. To do anything with it you must first configure it, create VSC you want to use, configure wireless security...

From what you say it seems you're planning to use it as a wireless NIC for your printer. This is not actually what this product is intended for, it's intended to provide wireless clients access to the network.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer