1752822 Members
4318 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

MSM410, autonomous mode and connecting fails 95% of the time

jboettger
Occasional Contributor

MSM410, autonomous mode and connecting fails 95% of the time

I have 6 MSM410's all setup in autonomous mode for guest access to an external DSL line.  

Firmware:  5.3.6.28-01-9217

Wireless protection:  WPA

Mode:  WPA or WPA2

Key Source:  Preshared key

Wireless Radio

Operating Mode:  Access Point Only

Mode:  802.11n/b/g

Wireless Security Filters is unchecked. 

SSID is broadcasting and shows up in the list of available Access Points but 95% of the time a device whether it be a laptop, Iphone, Ipad etc fails to connect after entering the Preshared Key.

A power down generally corrects the issue for a couple of days however, the issue will come back.  Today had a problem with a Windows 7 laptop that has an Atheros n/g adapter not be able to connect at all.

Replace all Netgear WG102 Wireless G AP's that worked without issue.  Replaced them cuz I wanted 802.11n connectivity.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jim

1 REPLY 1
Master_lain
Occasional Advisor

Re: MSM410, autonomous mode and connecting fails 95% of the time

Good evening,

that could be any number of issues. The best way to track down the issue is to clear the logs on the controller and the applicable AP and attempt to connect. review the logs  after the fact and there may be a clue there (and post them here?).

Also, try operating the radio in b/g or g mode as a test. I've come across some clients that seem to have difficulty with procurve mixed mode radios  eg: n/a, n/g, n/b/g.

Also what kind of environment are you operating this in?

Regards,

Ryan